are a small breed very similar to Netherland Dwarfs. In fact Netherland
Dwarfs are descended from Polish. The pictures show a Smoke Pearl Marten Netherland Dwarf and a
Broken Black Polish.
Though they may be similar there are
many differences between the two breeds.
- Polish can be up to 3 1/2 pounds for
- Netherland Dwarf can only be up to 2
1/2 pounds for show.
Either breed can
weigh as little as 1 1/2 pound to as much as 4 1/2 pounds.
- Polish are recognized in a limited
number of colors: Black, Blue, Chocolate, Ruby Eyed White, Blue Eyed White
and Broken only.
- Netherland Dwarfs are recognized in
35 different colors with more being developed
- Polish have a "Flyback"
- Netherland Dwarfs have a
- Polish are built like most compact
breeds narrower at shoulders than at hips and with a rise from shoulders to
hips. Head should not to sit high on the shoulders Ears should
touch from base to tip.
- Netherland Dwarfs are supposed to be the
same width at the shoulders and the hips. Head should sit
high on the shoulders. Ears are held erect but do not have to touch.